Summarize W/ Out Opinion: This article is about the decision to legalize the distribution and consumption of alcohol in the Six Flags Over Texas and Hurricane Harbor theme parks located in Arlington, TX.
Complete Rhetorical Analysis Chart for Original Article:
What appeals work best with the target audience: Logos – the article gives the logistics and facts that support the reason for Six Flags legalizing the distribution and consumption of alcohol within these two parks (Six Flags Over Texas and Hurricane Harbor). I think logos would be the best because it provides the logic behind the situation and what they are trying to do, based off facts and quotes provided by Six Flags officials.
What are the strengths and weaknesses of the argument?
Strengths – Provides important legal officials and their points of view; strong quotes; reliable information
Weaknesses – Provides the issue that some people were against the legalization, yet they were shut down by the final decisions
Write a brief narrative of your own experience with or stake in the topic: I feel that this could be a great thing for the park. It will invite thousands of older participants whom might not normally attend, but now they might have a stronger pull to. Instead of having to drink somewhere else, now they can drink in the actual park. Overall, I feel that this decision will provide a better general income for the park, without hurting the attendees or safety of those around them.
Write a brief statement of your position in comparison to the author’s:
- I am supporting his position with additional information…by noting that allowing the sales and consumption of alcohol at other theme parks has been known to work and has provided a better general income for the parks.
- I disagree with him on these points…about the price because I feel it may be too high.
- I believe his argument is weak because it doesn’t consider…fake ID’s and dealing with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment